In his practice, as a "doctor of internal medicine" (also called an "internist"), Dr. Oleg Kaim focuses on adult medicine. His medical school and postgraduate training were dedicated to learning how to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases primarily affecting adults.
Dr. Kaim's training is both broad and deep: he is equipped to deal with whatever problem the patient brings - no matter how common or rare, or how simple or complex.
To do this, Dr. Kaim continually updates his knowledge in many areas, including diseases of the heart and blood vessels, cancer, diabetes, digestive diseases, hormonal disorders, infections, kidney diseases, respiratory disorders, allergies, blood diseases, and arthritis - from adolescence to the elderly; from the office to intensive care.
He cares for the whole patient. He also brings to patients an understanding of wellness (disease prevention and the promotion of health), women's health, substance abuse, mental health, as well as effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system and reproductive organs.
Dr. Kaim is specially trained to solve puzzling diagnostic problems. He handles severe chronic illnesses. And situations where several different illnesses may strike at the same time.
In today's complex world, Dr. Oleg Kaim aims to take care of his patients for life - in the office, during hospitalization and intensive care, and in nursing homes. When other medical specialists, such as surgeons or obstetricians, are involved, he coordinates their care for his patients and manages difficult medical problems associated with that care. In fact, Dr. Kaim often serves as a medical consultant to physicians in other specialties.
Again, to underscore the breadth of expertise Dr. Kaim brings as an internal medicine physician, please take a look at the list of disorders and conditions he manages in his practice:
- Allergic disorders
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system (heart, blood vessels, hypertension, etc.)
- Disorders of the central nervous system and neurological disorders (radiculopathies, Parkinson's disease, dizziness, headache, etc.)
- Dermatological disorders (acne, warts, dermatitis, rash, etc.)
- Ear disorders
- Disorders of the endocrine system (diabetes, thyroid diseases, etc.)
- Eye disorders
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (colitis, ulcers, liver and gallbladder diseases, etc.)
- Disorders of the immune system
- Musculoskeletal disorders (arthritis, osteoporosis, gout, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, etc.)
- Disorders of the blood
- Nutritional disorders
- Respiratory tract disorders (bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia)
- Disorders of the urogenital system (cystitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, erectile dysfunction)
- Minor surgery
Dr. Oleg Kaim's practice philosophy is to provide compassionate, comprehensive, and personal care to all patients without regard to the patient's gender, ethnicity, age, or social status.